Working in Partnership
We work in partnership with other learning settings to ensure that our students have the best opportunities available to them:
Buckley Mynydd Isa Consortium
- Coordinates transition activities from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 3
- Argoed High School
- Drury Primary School
- Mountain Lane Primary School
- Westwood Primary School
- Southdown Primary School
Ysgol Maes Hyfryd Special School, Flint
- Special school students attend Elfed High School as guest students to benefit from the full range of learning opportunities in a mainstream setting
St Joseph’s College, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Since 2009, Elfed High School has developed a successful partnership with St Joseph’s College in Sri Lanka, Founded in 1896, St Joseph’s is located in Colombo and has almost 4,000 students and 200 teaching staff.
- Engineering Department provides practical support for the GCSE in Principal Learning Engineering
Clwyd Theatr Cymru
- Provides arts activities
- Elfed High School works with Careers Wales to ensure that our students have the best advice regarding their next steps in education and future careers.
PE and School Sport
- Sport Wales funds our PE and School Sport activities, including festivals, workshops and staff training. We coordinate our activities with the primary schools to ensure that there is a coordinated approach to benefit our students as they grow up.
5 x 60
- Sport Wales provides Elfed High School with a 5×60, Mr C Moss, whose role is to work with staff and students to create the environment necessary for children to take part in extra curricular sport and physical activity on a regular basis.
- Working with Glyndwr University in Wrexham we support learning in Science and Technology through engaging with their innovative and exciting Techniquest activities.