Learning Support and Individual Needs
“Provision for pupils with additional learning needs is a particularly strong feature of the school.” Estyn
Elfed High School welcomes students from all backgrounds and provides for the individual needs of students.
We consider the welfare of each individual very carefully and put the right educational arrangements in place to meet each student’s needs.
The Additional Learning Needs team supports students and their families, keeping to the Welsh Assembly Government Code of Conduct. We monitor their progress, support their learning and have regular feedback meetings with parents and carers.
Teaching Assistants support students who benefit from individual attention whilst others are taught in small groups with the support of specialist teachers.
Elfed High School has extra resources for students with a range of additional learning needs. The Base is our additional needs resource where we plan and provide extra support.
Please contact Mrs Rosemary Jones, Headteacher to discuss your child’s needs by e mailing email@example.com or telephoning 01244 550217.
Elfed High School provides…..
- Expert subject teachers and tutors
- Teaching Assistants
- Specialist support centre, including ICT facilities and ‘Successmaker’ software
- Additional Needs Base
- Extra-curricular activities, e.g. Study Club, Maths Club
- Home tutoring
- Psychological assessment
- Assistance of Behavioural Support Teacher
- Pupil Referral Unit
- Assistance for pupils with statements
- English as an Additional Language support
- Advisory teachers – subject specific, More Able and Talented
- Support for students with hearing or visual impairment
- Speech0 and Language Therapy
- Youth support
- ADHD team
- Inclusion Welfare Officer and School Nurse